|All the tales of the Valar and the Elves are so knit together that one may scarce expound any one without needing to set forth the whole of their great history.|
|Read Journal Entry|
| Journal Main Page Griffon's Journal Back|
The Timeline til T.A. 1300
June, 22 2007
GUARDIAN OF THE GOLDEN WOOD - TIMELINE
During the Years of the Trees the First Age of the Children of Ilúvatar begins, at the Awakening of the Elves.
· 4550 - Eru Ilúvatar awakens the Elves.
· Melian the Maia departs for Middle-earth.
· 4580 - Melkor discovers and begins capturing Elves in secret. He begins breeding the Orcs from captured Elves, and the Trolls
· 4583 - Orthrond captured by ‘The Hunter’ and tormented into his orc form
· 4585 - Oromë first learns of the Elves
· 4586 - Oromë returns to Valinor, informs the other Valar of the dangers faced by the Elves, and then returns immediately to Cuiviénen.
· 4590 - The Valar march to war against Melkor on behalf of the Elves.
· 4592 - The Valar lay siege to Utumno. Melian begins dwelling in Nan Elmoth and caring for the living things that have been awakened in Beleriand.
· 4599 - Melkor is captured and Utumno destroyed. Sauron escapes capture and remains in Angband, breeding Orcs and Trolls for Melkor.
· 4600 - Melkor is taken to Valinor in chains and sentenced to serve a term in the Halls of Mandos for three Ages.
· 4601 - The Valar decide to summon the Elves to dwell with them in Aman.
· 4602 - Oromë brings three ambassadors of the Elves to Aman: Ingwë of the Minyar, Finwë of the Tatyar, and Elwë of the Nelyar
· 4604 - The three ambassadors return and work to convince the Elves to accept the summons of the Valar. They accumulate many followers.
· 4605 - Great Journey of the Elves: The Elves depart for Aman (not all answer the summon—see Sundering of the Elves)
· 4615 - The Elves reach the great river which would later be called Anduin.
· A group of Teleri under Lenwë (or Dan) abandon the March at Anduin and become the Nandor
· Fathers of the Dwarves and first Ents awakened by Eru Ilúvatar; Elves discover the Ents and begin teaching them language.
· 4625 - The Vanyar and Noldor arrive in Beleriand.
· 4627 – Haldir’s blood-mother Narveniel of the Vanyar meets the Teleri elf Gud’wal in the great forests of Eriador and becomes his wife. They abandon the Great Journey and stay in the forest, wandering with other likeminded elves in discovery of the beauties of the lands
· 4628 - The Teleri arrive in Beleriand after tarrying in the great forests of Eriador.
· 4630 - Elwë meets Melian and is entranced.
· 4632 - Ulmo is unwilling to wait until Elwë is found, and the Vanyar and Noldor are ferried across on the island of Tol Eressëa, while the Teleri stay behind, looking for their lord.
· 4633 - The Vanyar and Noldor settle in Eldamar and begin building Tirion
· 4640 - Tirion is finished, Mindon Eldaliéva is built.
· Ingwë and many of the Vanyar leave Tirion to dwell with Manwë in Valinor.
· 4642 - Yavanna gives the White Tree, Galathilion, to the Noldor.
· 4649 - Ulmo finally returns for the Teleri, but many stay behind because Elwë is not yet found, and become the Sindar. Another group remains behind at the request of Ossë, and together with those who came too late they become the Elves of the Falas under Círdan.
· 4651 - The majority of the Teleri are ferried across on Tol Eressëa, which is anchored in the bay of Eldamar. They take Elwë's brother, Olwë, as lord.
· 4652 - Elwë awakes from slumber and reunites with the Sindar. He becomes known as Thingol, settling in Doriath.
· 4653 – Elmo, Celeborn’s grandfather, joins his brother Elwë in Doriath
· 4661 - The Teleri of Tol Eressëa learn the art of shipbuilding, and ferry across the bay of Eldamar to Aman, where they found the city of Alqualondë.
· 4665 - The last Vanyar abandon Tirion and settle in Valinor proper. The Noldor remain in Tirion under their lord, Finwë.
· 4669 - Birth of Fëanor. Nogrod and Belegost founded by Dwarves; Khazad-dûm founded by Durin the Deathless.
· 4690 - Fingolfin, brother of Finarfin born
· c.4700 - Lúthien born
· 4730 - Finarfin , father to Galadriel and Finrod Felagund born
· 4750 - Dwarves of Nogrod and Belegost are met by the Sindar, establishing trade. Fëanor develops the Tengwar.
· c.4780 - Orcs begin to appear in Beleriand.
· 4790 – Orthrond and his band of warrior orcs come to Beleriand
· 4850 - The Nandor, under Denethor, arrive in Beleriand, becoming known as the Green Elves of Ossiriand. The Halls of Menegroth finished.
· 4862 - Galadriel born.
· 4862 – Galadhon, son of Elmo and father of Celeborn born in Doriath
· 4900 - Melkor, freed from his sentence, begins corrupting some of the Noldor.
· 4950 - Fëanor completes the forging of the Silmarils.
· 4990 - Fëanor, deceived by Melkor, draws arms against his brother and is banished from Tirion: his father, Finwë, and many of the Noldor follow him in exile to Formenos.
· 4992 - Fëanor argues with Melkor at Formenos. Melkor hides from capture by the Valar and joins forces with Ungoliant.
· 4993- Celeborn, son of Galadhon and grandson of Elmo born in Doriath
· 4995 - The Darkening of Valinor. Manwë tries to heal the feud of the Noldor, and summons Fëanor to a festival in Valimar. Melkor and Ungoliant destroy the Two Trees, kill Finwë and steal the Silmarils. Fëanor and his sons swear an oath to regain the Silmarils and the majority of the Noldor depart from Valinor; Noldor kill many Teleri and seize their ships in the First Kinslaying. Galadriel and her brothers leave Valinor against the doom of the Valar, although they do not partake in the Kinslaying
· 4996 - Prophecy of Mandos: the Noldor are banished from Valinor and face great doom. Galadriel and her brothers fall under the Doom of the Valar
· 4997 - Melkor returns to Angband, and tries to take Beleriand: First Battle of Beleriand is fought; Denethor of the Green-elves slain and the Havens of the Falas are besieged. The Noldor arrive at Helcaraxë; Fëanor and his host betray the sons of Indis and sail across, then burn the ships. Return of the Noldor to Middle-earth. Morgoth's army attacks Fëanor. Dagor-nuin-Giliath ("the Battle under Stars") is fought. Orthrond fights with the host of Morgoth. Fëanor is slain by Balrogs in sight of Angband. Maedhros taken captive.
· The Valar hide Valinor behind the Enchanted Isles and raise the Pelóri mountains; they begin devising the Moon and Sun.
· 5000 - The remainder of the Noldor arrives in Middle-earth; the Moon arises.
Years of the Sun in the First Age
From this time on years are of normal length. The dating begins anew at 1, although these years are still held to be part of the First Age.
· 1 - The Sun first sets sail, start of reckoning by 'Years of the Sun', Awakening of Men in Hildórien.
· 5 - Fingon rescues Maedhros. The feud between the Noldor is healed.
· 7 - Sons of Fëanor depart to Eastern Beleriand.
· 20 - The Feast of Reuniting is held at Eithel Ivrin.
· 50 - Turgon and Finrod are told by Ulmo to establish a refuge.
· 52 - Finrod begins building Nargothrond.
· 53 – Galadriel comes to Doriath to dwell for a while with Melian and Elu Thingol. She meets Celeborn
· 60 - Dagor Aglareb: the Noldor defeat Morgoth's forces and start the Siege of Angband
· 60–c. 200 - Melkor is absent from Angband, after discovering Men. Persuaded by Melkor, Men stop worshipping Eru Ilúvatar and turn to evil, but some revolt: the Atanatári. These travel to the West in search for the Valar, aided by Avari Elves and Dwarves. According to legend, Men now lose the gift to die at will as the result of divine punishment.
· 64 - Turgon begins building Gondolin.
· 65 - The havens of Brithombar and Eglarest are fortified; the Tower of Barad Nimras is built.
· 67 - Quenya is prohibited by Thingol. Finrod Felagund abandons his sword Alcarinque to the keeping of his sister Galadriel in order to prove to Elu Thingol that he is no kinslayer
· 102 - Completion of Nargothrond: Fingon's folk depart from Hithlum.
· 116 - Completion of Gondolin. Turgon's people begin the migration from Nevrast in secret.
· 150 - The Dwarves renew their trade in Beleriand.
· 155 - An assault upon Hithlum from the Firth of Drengist is defeated by Fingolfin's forces.
· 260 - Glaurung ravages Ard-galen, but is driven back to Angband. The Long Peace begins.
· 310 - Bëor leads The First House of the Edain into Beleriand: they are discovered by Finrod. They move to Estolad, and after a few years the Second House enters Thargelion and the Third settles in Estolad.
· 361 Birth of Andreth of the House of Beor, who loved Galadriel’s brother Aegnor and whom Finrod befriended calling her later Saelind (Haldir’s Nana)
· 369 - Many of the Edain, led by Bereg, leave to Eriador.
· 375 - An attack of orcs on Thargelion; many of the Second House of the Edain perish, but next year Haleth leads the remnants to Estolad.
· 409 Andreth and Finrod discuss on Elves and Men
· 432 - Birth of Beren Erchamion.
· 455 - Morgoth breaks the Siege of Angband in Dagor Bragollach ("Battle of Sudden Flame"); Gud’wal, husband of Haldir’s blood-mother Narveniel of the Vanyar slain. Narveniel captured by minions of Morgoth and led to captivity in Angband. Many of the Edain of the House of Beor slain, Andreth (Saelind) taken by the minions of Morgoth and brought into captivity in Angband. Orthrond wounded and abandonned on the field by his fellow orcs. A warrior of Doriath (Celeborn), instead of slaing the wounded orc, takes pity on the miserable creature, gives him drink and binds his wounds. Orthrond woes that forever he will remember the family crest of his saviour and never ever take sword against those of his house. Dorthonion is laid waste, people of Barahir become outlaws.
· 456 - Fingolfin challenges Morgoth to duel and is slain.
· 457 - Capture of Finrod's fortress of Minas Tirith by the forces of Sauron. Tol Sirion is renamed Tol-in-Gaurhoth, "Isle of Werewolves". Galadriel hears the pledge of Celeborn and becomes his wife
· 458 - Húrin and Huor are separated from the Folk of Brethil during a battle and are brought to Gondolin by Thorondor.
· 459 - Húrin and Huor return out of Gondolin to Dor-lómin.
· 460 - Barahir and companions are betrayed by Gorlim and killed, but Beren survives.
· 462 - Morgoth tries to assault Hithlum but is withstood by Fingon and Círdan.
· 463 - The first hosts of Easterlings appear in Beleriand.
· 464 - Beren departs for Doriath and is enchanted by Lúthien. Birth of Túrin Turambar in Dor-lómin.
· 465 - Beren sets on a Quest of the Silmaril, comes to Nargothrond and receives help of Finrod Felagund. They are imprisoned in Tol-in-Gaurhoth. Finrod, in a moment of despair, finds solace in the arms of Narveniel, she becomes pregnant with Haldir, son of Finrod. Finrod is slain by a werewolf, but Beren is rescued by Lúthien. Celegorm and Curufin are exiled from Nargothrond and try attacking them.
· 466 - Beren and Lúthien come to Angband and achieve the Quest of the Silmaril. Narveniel gives birth to Haldir in the pits of Angband and dies. Andreth takes pity of the son of Finrod, her friend and brother of her lover Aegnor, and rescues the elfling from torment or death by the hands of Sauron’s minions. Beren and Luthien return to Doriath, but Carcharoth ravages the land. Beren dies, and Lúthien abandons life. She pleads with Mandos and Beren and Lúthien are restored to life as mortals; they take up bodies again in Ossiriand.
· 468 - The Union of Maedhros is began.
· 472 - Nirnaeth Arnoediad, "The Battle of Unnumbered Tears". Morgoth utterly defeats the Elves and Edain. Fingon and Huor are slain, but Gwindor and Húrin are captured. Birth of Tuor, son of Huor. Easterlings invade Hithlum.
· 473 - Siege and capture of the Havens of the Falas. Birth of Nienor.
· 474 – Andreth (Saelind) escapes with Haldir from Angband and takes to the wild. She promises to return the elfling to his kin, the sole remaining relative of Finrod Felagund, Galadriel in Doriath.
· 476 – Andreth slain during a punitive expedition of the minions of Sauron into the Misty Mountains. Orophin finds Haldir and brings him to nearby Hollin, leaving the elfling in the care of Celeborn.
· 481 – Celeborn-unaware of the elfling’s ancestry- presents Finrod’s and Narveniel’s son to Elu Thingol and officially names him his son and heir. Elu gives the elfling the name ‘Haldir’-‘Hidden Hero’, having seen in the eyes and features of the child the image of Finrod Felagund and suspecting what may be the young one’s true origins. Melian understands that Finrod must have sired an elfling during his despair as a captive in Angband and that perchance this very elfling had come into the keeping of Celeborn, the husband of Finrod’s sister Galadriel. She informs Galadriel, that her lost brother has left a son behind.
· 487 - Túrin establishes the Dor-Cúarthol.
· 489 - He is betrayed by Mîm and taken captive. Beleg rescues him but is slain.
· 490 - Gwindor leads Túrin to Nargothrond. Gurthang is reforged, Túrin becomes known as the Black Sword.
· 495 - Sack of Nargothrond; Orodreth and Gwindor perish. Tuor comes to Gondolin.
· 499 - Slaying of Glaurung, and deaths of Túrin Turambar and Nienor Níniel in Brethil.
· 500 - Húrin released from captivity.
· 501 - Death of Morwen. The Kin-strife in Brethil is brought about by Húrin.
· 502 - Húrin brings the Nauglamír from Nargothrond to Thingol.Reforging of the Nauglamír and quarrel of Thingol and the Dwarves. Celeborn and Haldir in Doriath. Thingol is slain. Haldir sees Mablung fall by the hands of the dwarves. He slays his first foe in Thingol’s treasury. Melian returns to Valinor in grief. Galadriel arms her foster son with Alcarinque, the Noldorin blade of Finrod Felagund in reconaissance of the fact, that he has become a warrior before his time and must noot be considered an elfling any longer.
· 503 - Doriath is sacked by Dwarves of Nogrod. Celeborn and Haldir fight by Thingol’s side in the defense of Doriath. Thingol slain by the dwarves. Beren, Laegrim, and Ents destroy the Dwarves; Lúthien wears the Silmaril, Dior travels to Doriath and tries to restore it. Birth of Eärendil and Elwing. Final deaths of Beren and Lúthien; Dior receives the Silmaril in autumn.
· 506-7 - Sons of Fëanor attack Doriath at Yule. Doriath is destroyed in the Second Kinslaying; Dior, Celegorm, Curufin, and Caranthir are all slain. Elwing escapes for the Mouths of Sirion with the Silmaril. Galadriel, Celeborn and Haldir part with Elwing and leave Doriath for good. Galadriel goes to the Mounts of Sirion while Celeborn and Haldir make for Hollin, where they had taken up dwelling long before the disaster of the Nauglamir.
· 509 - Maeglin captured by Morgoth's spies.
· 510 - Gondolin is betrayed by Maeglin and sacked; Glorfindel slays a Balrog in the Echoriath, Ecthelion slays Gothmog, both of them killed as well. Death of Turgon. Tuor and Idril escape.
· 511 - Tuor and Idril bring Eärendil and refugees of Gondolin to the Mouths of Sirion which prosper as 'New Havens'.
· 525 - Eärendil marries Elwing. Tuor feels 'Unquiet of Ulmo' and sails into the West in the ship Eärrámë with Idril.
· 532 - Elrond and Elros are born to Eärendil and Elwing. Haldir visiting Galadriel at the Mounts of Sirion. He first meets with baby Elrond and his brother Elros. Baby-Elrond takes’ liking’ to Haldir, who by the reckoning of the Eldar is hardly more then an elfling himself, also he believes himself to be a grown up warrior, because Celeborn allows him to accompany the warriors and fight.
· 534 - Eärendil begins his great voyages
· 538 - Third Kinslaying: while Eärendil is away the remaining Sons of Fëanor attack the people of the Mouths of Sirion trying to claim the Silmaril. Haldir fights to defend his foster mother and the young children ofElwing and Earendil, whom he loves. Elwing casts herself with the Jewel in the sea but is brought to Eärendil by Ulmo. Of the Sons of Fëanor only Maedhros and Maglor now remain.
· 540 - Morgoth destroys the dwellings of Fëanorians upon Amon Ereb. The last inhabitants of Beleriand flee to the south or to the Isle of Balar. Morgoth's triumph is complete.
· 542 - Eärendil arrives in Valinor and delivers the errand of the Two Kindreds.
· 545 - The Host of the Valar arrives in Beleriand.
· 545-587 - The War of Wrath. Morgoth is defeated; the remaining two Silmarils are stolen by Maedhros and Maglor, but are lost in the earth and in the sea; most of Beleriand and the lands to the north are sunk.
· 590 - Morgoth is cast into the Void; the Elves are summoned to Valinor and settle in Tol Eressëa; a small part of the Noldor and Sindar remain in Lindon or depart east and establish realms. Celeborn rejoins Galadriel and Haldir. Both talk her finally into leaving with them for Hollin. Haldir befriends the elfling Elrond, who sees in him a kind of great brother, who understands the loss of his parents and his grief. They become friends.
The Second Age was 3441 years long.
· 1 - Foundation of Mithlond the Grey Havens under Círdan, and Lindon as the Noldorin Kingdom under Gil-galad
· 32 - Edain reach Númenor, Elros is crowned first King of Númenor
· c. 40 - Many Dwarves abandon the ruined cities of Belegost and Nogrod in the Ered Luin and join Durin's folk in Moria
· 61 - Birth of Vardamir Nólimon, eldest child of Elros. Subsequently three more children are born.
· 442 - Elros, also known as Tar-Minyatur, dies. Vardamir Nólimon succeeds the throne but abdicates immediately. Tar-Amandil becomes third king of Númenor. Haldir travels from Hollin to Lindon to comfort Elrond in his hard-felt loss. He meets Gil Galad for the first time. The High King of the Noldor takes a liking to the valiant ‘Sinda’ Captain of Hollin.
· c. 500 - Sauron arises again in Middle-earth. Galadriel, Celeborn and Haldir dwell on the shores of Lake Nenuial. The know a short period of relative peace and bliss.
· 600 - First Númenórean ships sail to Middle-earth.
· 750 - the Noldor found the great realm of Eregion near Moria. Gil Galad decrees that Celeborn of Doriath and Hollin shall becomes Lord of Eregion, to rule the realm on his behalf. Haldir named High Captain of the Cavalry of Eregion. Galadriel profits from the relative security of the lands and travels once again to the realm of Celeborn’s kinsman Amdir, Laurelindorean, east of the Misty Mountains. She takes for the first time the tunnel way through the Mines of Moria.
· c. 1050 - Sauron begins building Barad-dûr
· c. 1200 - Sauron deceives the Noldor in Eregion, but Gil-galad mistrusts him; Celeborn, who does not trust the Giver of Gifts –Annatar- either, is pushed to the sidelines in Eregion and looses most of his power to the Gild of Celebrimbor, the Mirdain. Haldir evinced from his Captaincy and banished under accusation of sedition from the realm by Celebrimbor. The Númenóreans begin building permanent havens in Middle-earth at Lond Daer, Umbar, and other places
· 1200-1300 Haldir in exil in Lindon with Gil Galad and Elrond.
· 1280 - Tar-Anárion becomes seventh king of Númenor.
· 1300 Haldir returns in secret to Eregion, although Celebrimbor-under the influence of Sauron- has named him a rebel and an outlaw and put a price on his head.
· 1310 Galadriel gives birth to Celebrian. Haldir swears an oath to Galadriel to protect her daughter with his blood and life.
· 1341 Haldir forced to flee from Eregion once again, having been uncovered by the minions of Sauron and betrayed to Celebrimbor, who rules the realm as a tyrant. Rebellion of the Army of the Realm against Celebrimbor. Haldir must flee to Laurelindorean, where Amdir, Celeborn’s kinsmen gives him shelter and the command of the troops of the forest kingdom.
· c. 1350 - Celeborn and Galadriel together with their daughter Celebrían must leave Eregion and emigrate over the mountains to Laurelindorean; Celebrimbor becomes officially lord of Eregion
· c. 1500 - the Noldor under Celebrimbor are instructed by Sauron, beginning of the forging of the Rings of Power . Haldir receives intelligence from his old friends in Eregion that Annatar, Giver of Gifts is indeed foul and evil.He sends warning to Elrond and Gil Galad in Lindon and to Cirdan in Mithlond.
· c. 1600 - Forging of the One Ring; Barad-dûr completed; Haldir enters for the first time the lands of Mordor in secret and discovers that Annatar is in fact Sauron. He takes the risk to return to Eregion and confronts Celebrimbor with this knowledge. Celebrimbor shamed by his own folly begins fighting Sauron . Celebrimbor trusting Haldir’s council gives the three rings forged without the aid of Sauron to Cirdan, Gil Galad and Galadriel to keep them safe from the influence of the One. Haldir stays in Eregion and takes over once again the terrible heavy cavalry of the realm.
· 1693 - War of the Elves and Sauron begins, Celeborn joins Haldir in Eregion; the Three Rings are hidden Celeborn and Haldir lead the army or Eregion repeatedly against the minions of Sauron, but cannot destroy them.
· 1695 - Elrond sent to Eregion as lieutenant of Gil-galad to help Haldir in his desperate struggle. Celebrimbor –in despair and shame- abandons the governance of Eregion to Celeborn. Haldir and Elrond destroy Sauron’s army on the marches of Hollin in a desperate fight that costs them most of their warriors. Haldir’s heavy cavalry almost completely annihilated.
· 1697 - Eregion destroyed, Elrond establishes the refuge of Rivendell, Silraen born to Tergon, one of Elrond’s Captains and his spouse Tinedael. Celebrimbor dies , Haldir gravely wounded by his side and saved at the last moment by Celeborn, who brings him back to Laurelindorean and Galadriel.
· 1699 - Rivendell and Lindon besieged. Haldir takes a host of Laurelindorean wardens to the help of Elrond in Rivendell.
· 1700 - Minastir sends a great navy to Lindon; Celeborn with the remainder of the Army of Eregion joins Haldir in the defense of Rivendell. Another host of Galadhrim from King Amdir’s realm join them. Sauron defeated; Sauron's forces retreat from Eriador and the coasts
· 1731 - Tar-Minastir becomes eleventh king of Númenor.
· 1735 – Celeborn and Haldir return with the remainder of their warriors to Laurelindorean. Celeborn advises Haldir to pledge –together with his remaining warriors from Eregion- allegiance to King Amdir. Amdir –understanding the machinations of his kinsman Celeborn – refuses the pledge of Haldir. The remaining warriors of Eregion are forced to leave Laurelindorean and roam the wilds for almost threehundred years as free companies, slaying orcs and other dark creatures or selling their swords to those in need. Celeborn , Galadriel and Celebrian leave the Golden Wood and establish themselves on the shores of the sea in the bay of Belfalas, living in hidding and protecting the ring Nenya, that was given to Galadriel by Celebrimbor.
· c. 1800 - Númenor begins establishing permanent settlements in Middle-earth
· 2029 - Tar-Atanamir the Great becomes thirteenth king of Númenor but is hostile to the Valar. The Elendili or "Faithful" still receive the Elves in secret.
· 2251 - The Ringwraiths first appear. Elrond convinces Gil Galad to call Haldir and his companies to Lindon and integrate them into the regular army of the realm.
· 2280 - Umbar is fortified by the Númenóreans
· 2350 - Pelargir is built by the Elendili
· c. 2900 - Teaching of Elvish languages prohibited in Númenor.
· c. 3110 - Usage of Elvish languages and visit of the Elves prohibited in Númenor.
· 3119 - Birth of Elendil . Celebrian visits her foster brother Haldir in Rivendell and falls in love with Elrond.
· 3209 - Birth of Isildur
· 3219 - Birth of Anárion
· 3177 - Tar-Palantir repents, resulting in a civil war in Númenor
· 3255 - Ar-Pharazôn the Golden weds his first cousin Míriel, the daughter of Tar-Palantir, and seizes the throne of Númenor
· 3261 - Ar-Pharazôn sails to Middle-earth landing at Umbar, and takes Sauron captive
· 3262 - Sauron is taken as prisoner to Númenor, but begins corrupting the Númenóreans
· c. 3265 - Sauron becomes Ar-Pharazôn's court advisor. Haldir has a fall out with Elrond over his courtship of Celebrian and is forced to leave Rivendell in disgrace. He joins Celeborn and Galadriel on the shores of the sea in Belfalas.
· c. 3280 - Isildur steals a fruit from Nimloth. The White Tree is felled and burnt in Sauron's Temple thereafter.
· c. 3300 - Sauron establishes himself as High Priest of Melkor, "Lord of the Dark"; Elendili are openly persecuted and sacrificed to Morgoth. Haldir roams Aman as a lonely elven knight, pledging his sword and strength to those in need of protection. He fights by the side of men, dwarves and elves.
· 3310 - At Sauron's instigation, Ar-Pharazôn begins building the Great Armament.
· 3318 - Birth of Meneldil, fourth child of Anárion and last man born in Númenor. Elrond stretches out his hand to Haldir and they make peace. Haldir returns to his Captaincy with Gil Galad and the heavy elven cavalry of Lindon. Celeborn and Galadriel leave Belfalas to join their daughter and foster son in the north.
· 3319 - Ar-Pharazôn sets foot on Aman; the World is Changed: Aman and Tol Eressëa are removed from Arda, Númenor is drowned, and the world is made round; Elendil and his sons arrive on the shores of Middle-earth.
· 3320 - Founding of Gondor and Arnor by Elendil and his sons, Isildur and Anárion; Umbar as realm in exile founded by Black Númenóreans
· 3429 - Sauron conquers Minas Ithil and burns the White Tree; Isildur flees to Arnor while Anárion defends Osgiliath
· 3430 - The Last Alliance of Elves and Men is formed. Gil Galad entrusts his entire heavy cavalry to Haldir. Celeborn agrees to join the high king as one of his chief captains and departs over the mountains to convince Amdir of Laurelindorean and Oropher of the Great Greenwood, his kinsmen to join the Alliance. Galadriel and Celebrian move to Laurelindorean for reasons of safety.
· 3430-3433 Gil Galad marshalls his troops in and around Rivendell. Haldir accepts to fight by the side of Orthrond the renegade orc and his band of warriors, who wish to integrate the Alliance against Sauron. Orthrond recognises in Haldir a ‘descendant’ of the elf who saved him long ago. Haldir and Celeborn estranged over the matter of the yrch allies.
· 3434 - Sauron's forces are defeated in the Battle of Dagorlad; Haldir disobeys Gil Galad’s formal orders and rides to the secours of Oropher and Amdir. Orothrond and his yrch warriors prove their trustworthiness and valour, fighting to the last in order to extricate the Silvan elves and paying in the blood. Haldir cashiered and stripped of his rank for insubordination by Gil Galad, nothwithstanding the fact that his heavy cavalry managed to save almost two thirds of the Silvans from the Dagorlach. Siege of Barad-dûr begins. Orthrond befriends the dishonoured and cashiered Haldir, who is forced to fight as a common foot soldier and shunned by his family and kin. Haldir learns Orthrond’s story and understands for the first time the sacrifice of ‘Nana’ –Saelind – and what destiny could have befallen him, if the old woman of the second born would not have saved him from the thralldom of Sauron. He and Orthrond become blood brothers and swear to never betray each other.
· 3440 - Anárion is slain
· 3441 - Elendil and Gil-galad slay Sauron in hand to hand combat, but they themselves perish; Haldir saves Elrond, shielding Gil Galad’s Herold with his own body against the shards of Grond –Hammer of Hell. Sauron's physical form is destroyed. Orthrond retrieves a desparately wounded Haldir from the battle field and swears to Celeborn undying allegiance and his own life if he agrees to pardon his foster son and take him to safety, but Celeborn refuses the pledge and turns his back on Haldir. Isildur takes the shards of his father's sword Narsil and cuts the One Ring from Sauron's finger. Celeborn leads the remainder of the forces of Oropher and Amdir back to the woodland realms of the Great Greenwood and Laurelindoran, where Galadriel and Celebrian have dwelt throughout the war. Orthrond carries Haldir on his back from the slopes of Mount Doom up to Rivendell and implores Elrond to save the live of his play-brother. Elrond understanding the motivations and sacrifice of his lifeliong friend after a long discussion with Orthrond agrees. Haldir meets for the first time Silraen and falls in love with her.In the aftermath of the War, many Elves of Gil-galad's following depart to Valinor: End of the Noldorin realms in Middle-earth. Amroth, son of Amdir of Laurelindorean abandons his duties in order to woe his beloved Nimrodel. The elves of Laurelindorean implore Celeborn to govern the realm as a caretaker until Amroth returns to his senses.
3,021 years long.
· Year 2 - Planting of the Second White Tree at Minas Tirith, Death of Isildur by Orcs in the Battle of the Gladden Fields, losing the One Ring in the Gladden river . Haldir, finally recovered from his desperate wound sets out to find his blood-brother Orthrond, then returns to Laurelindorean. Confrontation between Haldir and Celeborn over the issue of the yrch that fought for Gil Galad. Celeborn gives in, reconciles with his foster son and allows Orthrond and his clan to settle on the borders of the Golden Wood. Orthrond reveals to Haldir that once, long ago, Celeborn saved his life on the battlefield of the Unnumberted Tears and that this act of mercy by an enemy made him turn from Morgoth and the evil devices of Sauron.
· 15 Orthrond, having gathered all surviving yrch, who still remembered that once they had been elves to his tribe and finally pledges formal allegiance to Celeborn of Laurelindorean, taking the Golden Mallorn leave as his battle emblema. Haldir officially becomes the Captain of Laurelindorean.
· 20 Silraen visits Laurelindorean for the first time.
· 109 - Elrond weds Celebrían, daughter of Celeborn and Galadriel. Tark born to Orthrond and Lurtzuna. Haldir accepts to be the orc imp’s god-father.
· 130 - Elrohir and Elladan are born to Elrond and Celebrían
· 130-240 Haldir regularly visiting Rivendell to pay courtship to Silraen.
· 241 - Arwen Undómiel is born to Elrond and Celebrían
· 490 - Easterlings invade Gondor
· 491 Haldir and his Galadhrim repel a great host of Easterlings from the borders of Laurelindorean together with Orthrond’s yrch tribe. Lurzana gives birth to Atalanta, the Beautiful, who apart her black skin looks exactly like an elf.
· 541 - Easterlings invade Gondor once more, slaying King Rómendacil
· c. 550 - King Turambar of Gondor defeats the Easterlings of Rhûn; the Kingdom of Rhovanion becomes an ally of Gondor
· 861 - Following Eärendur's death, the kingdom of Arnor breaks up into Arthedain, Cardolan and Rhudaur. Haldir and his Galadhrim join Elrond’s Rivendell wardens in order to defend the borders of the elven realm against marauding mercenaries of Rhudaur.
· 933 - Eärnil I of Gondor takes Umbar in a surprise attack
· 936 - Eärnil I lost at sea
· c. 1000 - The Wizards come to Middle-earth . Cirdan gives his magic ring to Olorin, later known as Mithrandir to the elves and Gandalf to the Hobbits and second-born.
· 1050 - Hyarmendacil I, king of Gondor, conquers Umbar, Hobbits migrate to Eriador. The shadow of Sauron falls upon the Manon Lanc and Greenwood the Great, which is later on renamed Mirkwood.
· 1248 - Rómendacil II of Gondor strikes decisive blow to the Easterlings; forms a strong alliance with Rhovanion, to which he cedes all the lands east of Anduin. Orthrond and Lurzana agree that their daughter Atalanta goes to live in Caras Galadhon, where she is instructed by Galadriel.
· 1255-1300 Olorin roams the lans west and east of the Misty Mountains and first begins to suspect the rising of a new powerful evil shadow.
· Atalanta, daugther of Orthrond and Lurzana weds Tintemir of Laurelindorean and gives birth to an elfling child with clear skin and true elven appearance. Orthrond understands that the salvation of his tribe lies in the acceptance of the summon of Mandos and their passage through the Halls of Waiting.
· 1300 - Nazgûl reappear in Middle-earth, the kingdom of Angmar first appears at Arthedain's north-eastern border, built by the Witch-king, later revealed as Lord of the Nazgûl. Olorin comes to Laurelindorean and asks Galadriel to allow Haldir to accompany him on a quest to uncover the identity of the evil shadow that haunts the Misty Mountains and starts to invade the great Greenwood. Silraen moves from Rivendell to the Golden Wood and accepts Haldir’s pledge ito become his spouse. Galadriel sees the doom of Laurelindorean and the death of her foster son in her Mirror. Haldir parts avec Olorin on their quest to unveil the secret of the Shadow of the Misty Mountains.
Post A Comment
Tolkien Characters, Locations, & Artifacts © Tolkien Estate & Designated Licensees - All Rights Reserved
Stories & Other Content © The Respective Authors - All Rights Reserved
Software & Design © 2003 - 2015 Michael G Kellner All Rights Reserved
Hosted by:Raven Studioz