|All the tales of the Valar and the Elves are so knit together that one may scarce expound any one without needing to set forth the whole of their great history.|
|Read Journal Entry|
| Journal Main Page Isabeau's Journal Back|
November, 12 2005
OK, folks-this is the general forum now for questions that don't seem to fit in any of the other threads. I'm going to sort some of the earlier posts into the appropriate forums, but it might take a while, so bear with me. I'll delete the ones that have already been reposted by their authors.
Post A Comment E-mail Author
Post A Comment
 It is posted in Isabeau's folder on the Henneth annun yahoo group, well part of it is.
Posted:Jan 20, 2006 17:20 GMT Reply to this Comment
 Actually, I see that Isabeau is in process of posting to TFF! Yahoo! But thank you for the help and offers.
Posted:Jan 20, 2006 17:39 GMT Reply to this Comment
 Is Fourth Age posted somewhere now? Nargil mentioned finding at least part of it, but I have not been so successful!
Sorry everyone-I said I'd post it here over the holidays, and I never got around to it. It's up here now.
Cautionary tale here-I wrote this a long time ago, and it's possible that things might change if I ever actually catch up to this era of things.
Posted:Jan 20, 2006 17:39 GMT Reply to this Comment
 Sorry all-I set the main story heading for Fourth Age to publish but forgot that each chapter has to be set to show. That has bitten me more than once. You can see it now.
Posted:Jan 21, 2006 09:02 GMT Reply to this Comment
 Nargil wrote: I would also like to see that story (ies) it doesn't matter about the spoilers (I like them) and the bit of the fourth age I traked down is full of spoilers anyway and there are bits of Ultimatums that are spoilers for Kin-strife. I don't see them as spoilers, they are plot expanders.
Unfortunately, this particular story answers the question of who Heth ends up with.
I shall endevour not to give you anymore Nuzguls though I would like to see how they found out, from your fics it sounds like Andra and Peloren finished up being quite good friends, What happend to Elethil? (does that count as a nuzgul?)
Not exactly. I think Elethil got killed at some point. But don't worry about the Nuzgul-if they're good ones, I don't mind getting them. Though you have to be careful-Dwimordene chucked one my way that resulted in Discretion and Discovery, and she's still writing stories about those stories. Una got bitten too, a couple of times. We call that one the Kentucky Wonder Rebounding Nuzgul.
Also the 7th chapter of Kin-strife is diferent on here to how it is on ff.net if you want to know.
I'll check them both out, though this one is probably the later edit and more accurate version. Thanks for the heads-up, Nargil!
Posted:Jan 21, 2006 09:11 GMT Reply to this Comment
 Unfortunately, this particular story answers the question of who Heth ends up with.
That knowledge certainly wouldn't stop me from reading with impatient relish any new installment in any of your stories, Isabeau!
Posted:Jan 21, 2006 09:52 GMT Reply to this Comment
 Thanks so much for posting Fourth Age, Isabeau! I loved it - Heth was marvelous. But of course, your detail-oriented fan has a wish-list of questions now... Please answer only at your convenience - I always feel vaguely guilty posting here, in case I'm distracting from your ever-important and hard-won writing time!
1. How old is Tell? Do you have a name for his father yet?
2. All these royal family intermarriages... I gathered from here and elsewhere that Aragorn and Arwen had at least one daughter and Eldarion. Eldarion married the daughter of Heth and The-Man-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. Elboron had Barahir and a daughter, at least, and the daughter married one of Tell's father's two brothers? So Tell is Heth's great-grandson and Barahir's nephew... How is he also Faramir's great-grandson? It would be fun to see the Unabeauverse family tree that you and Altariel are working from - maybe you can post it on your personal website one day (with appropriate names blanked out, of course). ;)
3. Is Heth now living with Lothiriel & Eomer's descendants? She came from Rohan, apparently, and that would be a convenient mid-point between North and South.
4. I hope, among all yours & Altariel's story ideas that are waiting to be written, that we can see Heth's last meeting with Aragorn and Arwen one day. Her perspective on Aragorn & Arwen's respective attitudes to the King's conscious passing would be very interesting. Does Heth possess the same ability to pass on at will?
5. Where did she get the leg injury? Late in life or early?
Thanks as always!
Posted:Jan 21, 2006 16:07 GMT Reply to this Comment
 Isabeau: Unfortunately, this particular story answers the question of who Heth ends up with.
Rebecca: That knowledge certainly wouldn't stop me from reading with impatient relish any new installment in any of your stories, Isabeau!
I second Rebecca's statement heartily. Does anyone know how to send subliminal messages to Una's computer? ("Post the story... Isabeau won't mind... Post the story...") What if she emailed it to us after we swear many binding oaths of secrecy? Maybe it could self-destruct or lock up after being opened once or twice, like some of the digital video stuff does. Just, you know, a thought. :)
Posted:Jan 21, 2006 19:28 GMT Reply to this Comment
 Hi Everyone!
Mike, our gracious techno-phile, has given journal owners the ability to edit their posts. So I'll work my way back through and try to put everything in a more consistent and readible format.
I'll try to get back to answering some questions tomorrow-I'm working on a bit of writing now.
Posted:Jan 21, 2006 19:56 GMT Reply to this Comment
 Two more questions and a comment:
6. What is Tell's full name?
7. Was there really urgent business, or was Hethlin being summoned to Minis Tirith more to get her out/let some of the younger folk see her again (re: Barahir and Eldarion's meaningful, pleased smiles at the end)? Certainly Tell had not seen her for a long time, if ever.
And please feel free to delete any comments of mine that are just cluttering up the blog and not related to any questions. I promise no more questions until you have posted again! Well, except for... NO! No more questions. :)
Posted:Jan 21, 2006 21:04 GMT Reply to this Comment
Tolkien Characters, Locations, & Artifacts © Tolkien Estate & Designated Licensees - All Rights Reserved
Stories & Other Content © The Respective Authors - All Rights Reserved
Software & Design © 2003 - 2018 Michael G Kellner All Rights Reserved
Hosted by:Raven Studioz